Municipal Court Deputy Bailiff
The Sylvania Municipal Court is accepting applications until July 16, 2021, for a part-time Deputy Bailiff.
Primary duties of this position include, but are not limited to: 1) Enforcement of Court security policies and procedures, 2) Escorting prisoners, 3) Performing security checks on persons, properties and deliveries, 4) Operating security equipment, including X-ray technology, 5) Courtroom security, 6) Service of Court papers, 7) Preparing security reports and other tasks assigned by the Judge.
Candidate must project a positive and professional image and possess strong communication skills. Must have the ability to demonstrate competent job performance without direct supervision. Candidate must be available to work varied hours as scheduled or as needed by the Court. Must also operate basic computer systems and programs.
The position is a pay grade 10 and pays $19.78 per hour. Interested candidates may submit a resume to Christy L. Cole, Court Magistrate/Administrator at 6700 Monroe Street, Sylvania Ohio 43560 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ohio Peace Officer Certification
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a sworn police officer or armed court security officer
- Maintain firearms certification
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Satisfactory background check and pre-employment screening.
- Must be LEADS certifiable